2021-2022 NFL Thread

Starlord

3 possessions, 72 yards rushing, 154 passing, and 3 TDs.  Is this game over?  Not that the Bengals can't score 21 per se, but they haven't been able to slow the Chiefs down at all. 

As far as McDaniels, well, remember that when he went to Denver, the comment was he probably lacked experience.  He's had more time to learn, so...who knows.

I never would've thought I'd say this but Mahomes just dodged a HUGE bullet.  That sack was classic overconfidence.

Oh, here we go again.  Chiefs won the toss.....

EDIT:  wowwwww.....for those not watching? 

Nantz just dropped an amazing factoid.  11 prior playoff games went to OT.

Home team is 10-1.

7 of them were on first-possession touchdowns.

THAT suggests a rule change should be considered.

7 minutes ago, Old Man said:

I’d like to see Stafford get a ring, and I have great respect for Shanahan as a playcaller… but for the next two weeks, we are all Bengals fans. 

Speak for yourself.  

I am kinda rooting for the Niners in this one, if only to finish off the year as a total comedy of errors.  Home field?  Road teams have taken 5 of 11 so far, but even more?  .5 of those were in the wild card round, where there were quite a few teams that just didn't belong.  Plus, as I've said, I dislike what the Rams did, betting the farm the way they have.  If they lose...far as I'm concerned, that's karma.

If it does end up Niners-Bengals...side thought, wouldn't this be a rematch?  Anyway, I'd also be curious to know what the odds on that as the SB matchup woulda been, back in September.

Cincinnati wins the AFC championship by overcoming an 18-point second half deficit, tying an NFL playoff record.

The Los Angeles Rams win the NFC championship by overcoming a 10-point fourth quarter deficit, setting a new NFL playoff record.

Two epic comebacks to set the stage for Super Bowl LVI. 

High risk, high reward, high variance football.

Can't blame Jimmy too much on that pick...it went off the back's hands.  On replay?  Ehhhhh....I think it *could have* been caught.  If Jimmy takes the sack, the Niners would've had to burn their last TO, facing 4th and 20-odd....good luck.  And he had the guy there, and a play that could've been made.

MVPs so far:  Kupp for the Rams, hands down;  and a kicker!!!!!!  McPherson deserves a double playoff share from the Bengals.

Best prop bet of the Super Bowl:  will Bengals fans outnumber Rams fans?

2 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

High risk, high reward, high variance football.

Can't blame Jimmy too much on that pick...it went off the back's hands.  On replay?  Ehhhhh....I think it *could have* been caught.  If Jimmy takes the sack, the Niners would've had to burn their last TO, facing 4th and 20-odd....good luck.  And he had the guy there, and a play that could've been made.

That was actually an amazing backhand throw by Jimmy.  Perfect spiral.  Just the back wasn't ready for it.

1 minute ago, Old Man said:

That was actually an amazing backhand throw by Jimmy.  Perfect spiral.  Just the back wasn't ready for it.

Not ready, or didn't look it in?  Or maybe just choked.  The toss wasn't perfect, no...and maybe the back was looking inside, with the ball going to the outside shoulder?  I'd have to see that again.

Granted that even if he'd caught it, the defensive back was, I believe, gonna hit him and leave 4th and close to 15...and also force the Niners to burn the last TO.