2021-2022 NFL Thread

Starlord

I wonder how much I could've won by taking the Bills and giving 28...yes, you can bet stuff like this in Vegas.  

I think Josh Allen doesn't mind playing in cold weather.  20/24 for 306, 4 TDs, no picks.  7 possessions, 7 TDs.  SAFE bet he's coming out. 

The Bills' kicker, OTOH...but this last one DOINKed in, so who cares.

47-10 halfway through the 4th.  Mr. P, that's not a cleaning, that's a complete teardown, trying to find salvageable parts.  And not finding many.

It's worth noting that Josh Allen played his college football in Laramie, Wyoming. Cold, nasty weather is not exactly an unknown phenomenon there.

As opposed to Tuscaloosa, Alabama, where Matt Jones played his college ball. But three or four seasons in Foxboro should fix that.

I almost feel sorry for the Cowboys the way they lost that game. But only almost.

With the Dallas loss combined with previous losses by Oakland Las Vegas and New England, the weekend has been almost perfect so far. If only Philly had found a way to beat Tampa ... but I suppose you can't have everything.

35 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

What else is there to say but.....

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!

In my 48 years as a Cowboys fan, I have seen bad losses, unlucky losses and disappointing losses in many degrees and wins in the same fashion. But I have never seen a loss as WTF! stupid as this one. Victory was very unlikely at best, but take your two Hail Mary shots and hope. I can only hope Stephen A.  hurts his voice laughing before the show tomorrow. I bet the Kellen Moore interview requests will taper off sharply.

I skipped the postgame but...was that a called play, or did Dak just Dak?  

It was close, too;  he tossed in that little juke.  But even if he gets the ball spiked, he'd have...checking...1 play from about the 30.  (It was at the 24 but he needed to get down a beat or two earlier.)  So strongly against the odds.  Yeah, I'd rather have 2, and MAYBE 3, shots.  

You can also say the Niners baited him, which is why I'm not sure it was called that way.  The far sideline, opposite the camera, showed 3 DBs hugging the sidelines at different depths.  Middle WAS wide open, for a reason.

Yeah, Pats lose, Cowboys lose.  Djokovic gets his due.  It's been a very good weekend.  I kinda hope the Rams choke on their payroll and lose tomorrow.  Not anti-Rams per se, but when a team tries to buy a title SO blatantly, I hope they fail.  

BTW:  I think we saw part of the issue with Jimmy G. in the 4th.  Poor pick in the 4th to let Dallas back into the game;  then that HORRIBLE snap on the sneak on 4th down.  Just wait another beat.  Niners played a smart, controlled game...but that's also a style that doesn't have a large margin of error.  

It will be an interesting offseason for Jerry.  Since Switzer was canned...23 years.  10 playoff appearances.  3 wins.

Other than the fact that I CANNOT STAND!!!! him, it would almost be amusing to listen to Bayless rant, rave, and cry.

This one's over now, too.  Tossup about which is the worse beat-down...the Buffalo offense was a juggernaut, while the Steeler offense has been AWOL.  Doesn't matter any more, down 28 halfway through the 3rd, but the possessions before this...2 first downs, 7 punts.  

The 2-7 games are also making the early case that adding more teams was a massive mistake.

Quite true, and we all know the only considerations for any League actions are 

a)  money

b)  keeping fan interest...which, of course, means more money

That said, if the 2-7 matchups remain totally uncompetitive, there may be pressure to ditch it.

OK, it's a pipe dream.  You can get off the floor now....

2 hours ago, unclevlad said:

I skipped the postgame but...was that a called play, or did Dak just Dak?  

It was close, too;  he tossed in that little juke.  But even if he gets the ball spiked, he'd have...checking...1 play from about the 30.  (It was at the 24 but he needed to get down a beat or two earlier.)  So strongly against the odds.  Yeah, I'd rather have 2, and MAYBE 3, shots.  

You can also say the Niners baited him, which is why I'm not sure it was called that way.  The far sideline, opposite the camera, showed 3 DBs hugging the sidelines at different depths.  Middle WAS wide open, for a reason.

Yeah, Pats lose, Cowboys lose.  Djokovic gets his due.  It's been a very good weekend.  I kinda hope the Rams choke on their payroll and lose tomorrow.  Not anti-Rams per se, but when a team tries to buy a title SO blatantly, I hope they fail.  

BTW:  I think we saw part of the issue with Jimmy G. in the 4th.  Poor pick in the 4th to let Dallas back into the game;  then that HORRIBLE snap on the sneak on 4th down.  Just wait another beat.  Niners played a smart, controlled game...but that's also a style that doesn't have a large margin of error.  

It will be an interesting offseason for Jerry.  Since Switzer was canned...23 years.  10 playoff appearances.  3 wins.

Other than the fact that I CANNOT STAND!!!! him, it would almost be amusing to listen to Bayless rant, rave, and cry.

From Dak's postgame interview, it appears to have been a called play but the plan was for him to go down earlier so that they could run a play other than a Hail Mary. So pure stupid, two end zone shots from the 42 are better than one from the 30.  

12 minutes ago, Cancer said:

Even football players need math sometimes.

But how many of em are like Romo, who couldn't figure out the yards to gain to kick the long FG in the first half?

Yeah, ok, then I'll mostly blame McCarthy.
Gee...what's new there???

Oh, yeah...Bayless is going off in an all-caps tirade that the umpire was late.  Yeah, right.  He's got to come from well in the backfield, got to make his way through the line.  How fast do you want him to get in there????  One of the analysts said their team rule was, 18 seconds.  14 is...ok, if everything works perfectly.  AND if you've got a QB who can maintain his cool...and that is not, IMO, Prescott.