Alphabet Game 2021

Pariah

Very obscurely, Olivia Newton-John's hit Xanadu  (title track of the movie) was originally done by Electric Light Orchestra (it was written by ELO's Jeff Lynne who also did music for the movie), and redone by ELO again in 2000.

It's odd to post an original album when we're discussing covers, but there's always Van Halen's cover of "You Really Got Me" (originally by The Kinks).

The song has also been covered by Oingo Boingo, Robert Palmer, Eve 6, Sly & The Family Stone, Iggy Pop, Metallica, Tom Petty, and numerous others.

My choice for V was Venus, a hit for Shocking Blue in 1969, covered by Bananarama in 1986.  I remember both first run and second run, so to speak.

Haven't found a Z yet.

EDIT: Hm, found one.  The Cranberries had a single titled Zombie in 1994, later (2000) covered by Miley Cyrus.

While somewhat entertaining, that topic was more research work than seems viable.  So I will drop back to an old favorite...

Tabletop wargames, preferably the hexgrid map sort.

Edited by Cancer

3 hours ago, Cancer said:

EDIT: Hm, found one.  The Cranberries had a single titled Zombie in 1994, later (2000) covered by Miley Cyrus.

Jumping back to this, there's a possibly less known but more significant cover by Bad Wolves...look at the intro, at least...it's most poignant....

Yeah, I'd forgotten this song.  VERY powerful song.  This is the Cranberries original. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts

1 hour ago, DentArthurDent said:

Balkan Front

1 hour ago, SteelCold said:

Catan.

Point of order: After Axis & Allies, B-17, and Caesar's Legions, the next entry should begin with the letter D. 

As you were. D, anyone?